It’s good to be back! Opening hours and food service times may vary. Check our Facebook page for our latest opening hours.
Why our pub is great
The Spindle and Thread pub is named in honour of High Wycombe’s history as a mill town. The river Wye that runs through the town was used to power mills from the 11th century and, over the years, these mills have produced everything from corn to woven cloth to paper.
Lace manufacturing became a huge part of the town’s economy in the 17th century and remained as such until the 19th century and have chosen the name ‘Spindle and Thread’ to reflect this.
Our pub offers a carvery seven days a week with a choice of three meats along with a vegetarian option, all accompanied by your favourite trimmings! We also offer our classics menu every day that features everything from fish and chips to lasagne, and a children’s menu that’ll please even the fussiest kids. To keep our younger visitors entertained we have a fun, safe play area for them to explore and enjoy. For those a little too old for the play area, we have a wide selection of drinks available ranging from continental ales to wines from across the globe.
Whether you are with your partner looking to experience our excellent range of drinks or a family looking to get together in a friendly, warm atmosphere, The Spindle and Thread is the perfect location.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus